We all wish to get back to normal, but social distancing as much as possible now will get us there faster in the long run. Please support option B.
I support option B. Our healthcare system is becoming overwhelmed and we should not be hosting any events that will further cause the spread of COVID. Additionally, the community allowing events like this gives the impression to our community that it is okay to travel and have gatherings which is the opposite of CDC recommendations. We need to all that we can to stop the spread.
I strongly support Option A. Please do NOT shut down the fields for our youth. Keeping this safe form of normalcy in the lives of our youth will save more lives long term than shutting down the fields could ever do in the short. Our kids need this for their mental and physical health.
I support option A as a compromise. The CDC recommendation is that teams do not travel outside their local area. The majority of these players would be from out of state. I would follow the CDCs guidelines as best as possible.
I support option B while healthcare resources are scarce and community spread is active. At the very least we must prioritize the health of our own community and exclude out of state teams.
As a board member of a large youth baseball organization in Phoenix/Scottsdale with approx 500 participants, we have had a great fall season that is in it's last week of play. During the season, we have had less than 5 reported cases from participants, all on different teams. By following city/county guidelines, there was zero spread to other players or family members. Supporting Option A would allow for local players/teams to still participate, while limiting spectators to reduce spread.
While I agree outdoor physical activity and organized sports are important for children's mental health, I urge the city council adopt option (b). A hospital crisis is looming and we need to enact drastic measures to try and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Participation in club sports is not essential. Closures of non-essential services and businesses, coupled with the release of a vaccine in a few weeks, will hopefully ensure our children can return to youth sports in the new year.
Our children's physical, mental & emotional health are vital to their growth and development. Speaking as a parent of two daughters that have played club softball since May without incident in regards to COVID, I feel the elimination of field allocations and tournaments would be detrimental to our children's growth & development. The children need this outlet. We have abided by all the safety protocols and will continue to do so. Please allow the fields to remain open.
I strongly support Option A. Please do NOT shut down the fields for our youth. As their parents, we are making sure they are wearing masks and so are the parents. We always have hand sanitizer and the dugouts are sprayed with disinfectant before and after every game! This is the one outlet our children still have to keep them mentally and physically in good health. Please keep it to Arizona teams only! Statistics show bars, gyms and restaurants are what really increases the numbers not fields!
I support Option B to cancel all tournaments. This is the only responsible option, given the current state of the pandemic in Arizona and elsewhere. Youth sports tournaments invite interstate travel and large group gatherings, including adults as well as children. Arizona hospitals already show signs of extreme strain. Encouraging travel and increasing opportunities for transmission may push our healthcare system to a breaking point, resulting in otherwise avoidable deaths and other harms.
While recreational activities and outside time are important for youth, I support option B due to the need to decrease out-of-area visitors and large gatherings. We need to take drastic measures in the short term for an improved long term. The increase in visitors and gatherings will likely put further burden on our already very strained and tired healthcare resources.
I support Option B. Given the high prevalence of COVID-19 in our region, I believe that we need to adopt strong measures to arrest the spread.
As a physician, I strongly support Option B, cancelling all tournaments through Feb 2021 and allowing no field use until the Covid benchmarks return to Sept 6, 2020 levels. Out healthcare systems are seriously strained and we risk devastating shortages of hospital beds, personnel, and equipment. Strict mitigation measures are required immediately to save lives and so that we can return to activities in the coming months.
i would urge the Phoenix City Council to take the most restrictive action to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by adopting option (b). It is important to keep the community safe until the vaccination is readily available.
I support Option (a) would allow only in-state teams to use the city’s fields until the state’s COVID-19 benchmarks return to the Sept. 6, 2020, level (COVID-19 cases between 10-100 per 100,000, percent positivity at less than 5%, and COVID-like illness at less than 5%).
I strongly support option B. Our hospitals are already at or exceeding capacity. Gathering in large groups will further increase our already high case numbers. Our hospitals will be completely overwhelmed by the new cases that are likely to develop from these potentially super spreading events. These events are not essential and holding them would be irresponsible and insulting to hospital workers and first responders.
I strongly support option B. As a registered nurse and a nursing leader at Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix, I am seeing first-hand the effects of this current wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our healthcare providers and front-line staff are growing weary and we are struggling to adequately manage the continued increase in COVID cases, coupled with our other non-COVID patients. Continued vigilance is the key to safety and future normalcy while we await a community vaccine.
I really feel that it is important that we keep the outside resources open for public use. Outside activities including youth sports, need to continue to operate in a safe manner following the guidelines that have been set forth. It is important for all to be able to access outdoor facilities, which is one of the safest environments we have left. Our children also need that outlet, a sense of normalcy to be with teammates and friends in a safe environment.
I strongly support option B as an important measure to slow the transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and keep our communities as safe as possible.