Please protect public health in our community to mitigate the spread of COVID 19 by adopting option b.
I support Option B, that would be to cancel all tournaments through February 2021 and allow no field use until the state’s COVID-19 benchmarks return to the Sept. 6, 2020, level. Children may not be significant spreaders but the adults are. There is no one enforcing social distancing and mask use, so they are not all abiding by these social rules.
Kids are rarely affected by this virus. More damage is done to kids if they dont have an outlet. I STRONGLY OPPOSE this ordinance.
As a community, we should be doing everything we can to keep our kid's healthy...both mentally, emotionally and physically. This means they need to be in school to learn and socialize, and be physically active outside. The benefits of outside physical activity are numerous, including strong immunity systems to fight viruses. It has already been proven that schools and sports are not primary sources of Covid spread. Let them play!
Open up or prove the science wrong. Fauci says kids aren't spreaders. Why don't you believe him now?
I support cancelling all tournaments through February 2021 and allow no field use until the state’s COVID-19 benchmarks return to the Sept. 6, 2020 level.
I support option B. Given the current COVID Hospitalization rate and increasing numbers in the community - best to delay the tournaments till COVID activity and hospitalizations are at September 2020 level when the permits were originally considered. Given the vaccines coming in the next couple of months - let us keep the community safe and end of pandemic is in sight once vaccination is widely available.
As a physician caring for inpatients at Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix, I strongly support Option B, cancelling all tournaments through Feb 2021 & allowing no field use until the state COVID benchmarks return to the Sept 6th level. Short-term implementation of the most restrictive actions to mitigate COVID spread are needed to prevent a devastating overwhelm of hospital personnel & beds, which are already under significant strain with projected worsening over the next few weeks.
There is value to mental well being allowing kids to continuum youth sports. I support continued play by local participants, but limiting out of state teams from participating at this time. For my 6 year old who plays baseball and my 9 year old who plays club softball I am unaware of on cases linked to practice or games. Please keep the fields open for LOCAL AZ teams and residents!
I strongly support option (b). This is a short term measure needed to protect each other while we await successful community vaccination.
I support option B. Given the increasing prevalence of COVID-19, we need further community mitigation strategies, and partnerships, to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Strongly oppose,but would seek to compromise on option A as the most reasonable.There is NO empirical evidence linking recent spread to youth sports(that have been safely playing since May)thus no justification for them to be singled out and shut down now.Kids are struggling and sports have provided a much-needed outlet and opportunity for safe outdoor interaction.80% of hospitalized COVID-19 cases have a VitD deficiency. Optimizing the immune system with physical activity outdoors is essential.
As a Family Medicine physician treating patients of all ages in the valley, I support option B to cancel all tournaments through Feb 2021. We need to support the health of our entire community during this pandemic. Children can get COVID and this increases our local community spread. Children can become seriously ill, although it is more frequently a mild illness or even asymptomatic. Our healthcare system is strained and we are not at the peak of our surge. We must act now.
I support option B
Do not cancel tournaments and on field recreational events! People should have the freedom to make their own choices as it relates to what they feel comfortable attending, but to not even give them a choice is ridiculous! There is a safe way to keep tournaments and recreational sports going and I believe it is being done because I’ve seen it. Let’s remember we are being asked to cancel everything on a virus that has a 99% recovery rate per the CDC. Doesn’t make much sense!
I support Option b. Cancelling all tournaments through February 2021 is a prudent, uncomplicated, common sense option to help slow the spread of COVID-19 through our community, as well as to provide additional protection to our youth and our most vulnerable population. It is a short-term sacrifice for a long-term public health benefit.
I support option (b) to cancel all tournaments through at least February 2021 to help decrease the spread of COVID 19.
If the CDC is stating children should be (and should always have been) in school due to it not at all being a source of notable spread. This direction should also maintain with youth activities. Kids need normalcy and activists. Especially outside. Parents have the ability to CHOOSE what it right for their family - to participate or not. Kids have suffered plenty from the restrictions enough. It time people starting learning to live their lives, not live in fear of a virus that isn’t going away.
I support Option B. COVID-19 community transmission levels are high and large gatherings have the potential to become super-spreader events. I strongly urge the Phoenix City Council to enact this short-term restriction to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
I strongly encourage the City Council to take the most restrictive action to mitigate the spread of this virus. We need to remember this is only temporary but we need to help our health systems and our community by doing everything we can NOW.